To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
is a tool which allows the identification of a protein from
its amino acid composition [references
It searches the Swiss-Prot and / or TrEMBL
databases for proteins, whose amino
acid compositions are closest to the amino acid composition given.
You will have to enter the following data:
- Amino acid composition of the protein to identify.
- A name for this protein, so that you can recognize it later in the results.
- The pI and Mw of that protein, if known, as well as error ranges that reflect the accuracy of these
- The species or group of species for which you would like to perform the search
(example: HOMO SAPIENS or MAMMALIA). This will produce the list of proteins from
this species, as well as a list of proteins independently of species.
You may also just specify ALL for all Swiss-Prot / TrEMBL entries;
If in doubt about the search term to use, consult the Swiss-Prot list of species.
- For scan in Swiss-Prot only: the keyword for which you would like to perform the search
(example: ZINC-FINGER). This will produce the list of proteins matching this keyword.
You may also just specify ALL for all Swiss-Prot entries;
If in doubt about the exact keyword to use, consult the list of keywords used in Swiss-Prot.
- Amino acid composition of a known protein, obtained in the same
run as the amino acid composition of the unknown protein.
This is for calibration; if you do not have a calibration protein, leave NULL.
- The Swiss-Prot identifier (ID) of the calibration protein (example: ALBU_HUMAN).
- Your e-mail address. The search results will be mailed back to you
automatically (this should take about 15 minutes).
Few amino acid analysis techniques produce composition results for all
amino acids. We currently have indexed Swiss-Prot and TrEMBL for the following
constellations. Please choose one of them:
- Constellation 0:
ALL amino acids: Ala, Ile, Pro, Val, Arg, Leu, Ser, Thr, Gly, Met, His, Phe, Tyr, Lys, Asp, Asn, Gln, Glu,
Cys and Trp.
- Constellation 1:
Ala, Ile, Pro, Val, Arg, Leu, Ser, Asx, Thr, Glx, Gly, Met, His, Phe and Tyr.
(Asp+Asn=Asx; Gln+Glu=Glx; Lys, Cys and Trp are not considered).
- Constellation 2:
Ala, Ile, Pro, Val, Arg, Leu, Ser, Asx, Lys, Thr, Glx, Gly, Met, His, Phe and
(Asp+Asn=Asx; Gln+Glu=Glx; Cys and Trp are not considered).
- Constellation 5:
Ala, Ile, Pro, Val, Arg, Leu, Ser, Asx, Lys, Thr, Glx, Gly, Met, His, Phe, Tyr and
(Asp+Asn=Asx; Gln+Glu=Glx; Trp is not considered).
- Free Constellation:
(select any amino acids) Warning: This program is resource consuming.
Please use it only if the constellation does not exist above.